At Canada Place

At Canada Place

2008년 4월 28일 월요일

What do you think about the English proficiency test?

Hi guys,

According to the Minister of Education, Science and Technology, Education English test for KSAT will be replaced Korea’s own English proficiency test from 2013. He said that this plan is
designed to decrease the private English education expenditure. Dou you think that this is a good idea? Will this plan help parents to decrease the private English education expenditure in Korea? And what do we need to teach in English class?

댓글 3개:

Liz :

We have so many English proficiency tests in Korea. The more any kinds of test are emphasized, the more the expenditure of private english education will go up, I think. I strongly to count English Test out in KSAT. We can have the system of "pass or fail" in English proficiency instead of the system of getting scores.

Joey :

Hi, Angela!

I'm Joey. How are you doing? I remember you said you were happier here than in your home. So every Friday, you don't feel good(^^)because you have to worry about your chore during weekend.
The picture on you blog seems to have been taken in Vancouver, Canada. Is it right?
Anyway, I doubt if English proficiency test replacing English test in entrance exam will be effective. In my opinion, it may cause the opposite situation and extend the private English education. Probably, students will go to private insitute to learn to get a good score in speaking and writing.

alice :

Hi Angela.
I like your smiling face.I think it makes you look so young. Any way I don't like to stict to the tests. Can't students enjoy learning itself in Korea without worrying the test? Most of Korean students are slaves of test. I am not sure about the effect of that. I only hope test won't be that much. How poor the students!