At Canada Place

At Canada Place

2008년 5월 5일 월요일

What do you think about the American beef ?

Hi, guys,

The last day of our happy holidays is invariably passing away.
Are you spending gorgeous time?
Actually, during the holidays the news related to the mad cow disease made me uncomfortable and upset. After I watched the program, PD'S NOTE of MBC reporting the danger of the mad cow disease, I couldn't help resenting our government for thier easygoing reaction on the import of American beef.
Did you see the program? And what is your opinion about the American beef?

댓글 5개:

SAINT :

I’d like to talk about it on the side of a consumer.
Hanwoo is delicious, but very expensive. So I have to spend much money dining on hanwoo beef. It’s good for me that I have alternatives.
It used to be beef from Australia and New Zealand. Now a new alternative from the United States is available. The U.S. beef import can give me more choices.
It is not only a matter of beef. It can apply to the other imports.

Gibok-Kate :

Hi Angela,
I didn't watch the program, but I'm not sure about its safety. I'm against importing beef from US. I think food safety, not political interests, should be a top priority.

Lucy :

Hi Angela!

We talked about a variety of social issues over wine at the class meeting last week. I was very shocked because I hadn't recoginzed the seriousness of those matters. As Kate said, we have to put the first priority on our health, and it shouldn't be used for political purposes.

I think there are many ugly aspects in the world that we don't know much of. And it makes me sad.

Gracie's talking club :

Hello, Angela!

Yes, my country is boiling with that hot potato. I read some articles and watched TV. I think that the problem is our government's reaction. Most of people are suspicious of the process of reaching a conclusion to import American beef. Actually last year my government was not positive to import American beef by FTA agreement, but this year the new government suddenly changed their position. In my opinion, they want to have a good relationship with America because there has been some problems between our previous incooperative government and current American government. So I'd like to conclude that there are some politically complecated issues related to FTA. That's why the new government changed its mind.

Nature- Jayeon Kim :

Hi! Angela~~!
You must be enjoying your holidays with your family. (and your new~~!)
Whenever I hear the news about the import of beef, I'm worried and upset. I don't understand why it was abruptly decided along with the President's visit to America. The worries are chaged to fears now. Especially the young students even in elementary school are shivering with fear. Now the topic is not only the nation's health problem but also the nation's emotional insecurity.
One of my friends got a prescription from a doctor. Her dauter is too worried about the cow disease to sleep well at night. The kid imagined the terrible situation infected with it.
In my opinion the government must take some reactions to protect it's people as soon as possible.