At Canada Place

At Canada Place

2008년 4월 8일 화요일

The Replacement of the First Korean Astronaut.

Hi, Classmates!

Tonight the first Korean astronut, Yi So-yeon is going to the space finally.
And all the Koreans are waiting for the historical moment now.
But, as you know she was the backup astronaut at first.
Kosan was replaced with Yi So-yeon because he violated some important document security.
And there are many people who feel sympathy for Kosan.
What do you think about that?

댓글 5개:

s0311april :

I think Kosan got some order from the government that he should take any information about the space project as far as he is not caught. He should have been more careful!!

yanni :

I'm afraid that Russia chose Lee Soyeon instead of Kosan because she is obedient and easy to control. Kosan might be very studious and contribute to Korea by getting more knowledge of space technology, even violating the rules. Sorry for that. Even though Soyeon became the first astronaut in Korea, we must remember Kosan's efforts. Let's give them our sincere applaud.

Mcluhan :

I don't know whether a hidden story is or not. However, I think it isn't important who is the the first Korean astronaut. Both of them did their best to be the first Korean astronaut.

Lucy :

Hi, Angela!

I agree with Yanni's opinion. Kosan is obviously a kind of victim in this case. I'm not sure if he really violated the rules or not, but it seemed that Russia didn't want him to join concerning about the space technology drain abroad.

Nicole :

Hi Angela,
I have to say that I was quite happy to see the male astronaut replaced with a female as women have to work so much harder in Korea. I think that they deserve to be first once in a while.
I also think that this is an interesting difference in culture. In Korea, if you break rules it's possible to be forgiven but in western countries, breaking rules is not forgiven.