At Canada Place

At Canada Place

2008년 4월 20일 일요일

Can you ride a rollercoaster?

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I went to Everland in Yongin with my husband.
After spending the hectic weekdays I decided to blow off some steam.
Fortunately the weather was fine and fantastic even though the temperature was a little higher than the one of nomal days of April.
The amusement park was really jampacked with people.
Actually I didn't expect that there would be so many people cuase it was not Off-Saturday(놀토 in Korean, What can we call it in English?).
It was really nice to see the amusing scenes, colorful flowers and screaming people riding suspensive and thrilling means of amusement.
It was a great pity, however, that I couldn't ride the famous wooden rollercoaster there.
Actually I could ride that kinds when I was young, but as I'm getting older I can't.
Can you?

댓글 7개:

Lucy :

Hi, Angela!

The weather was so wonderful during the weekend. It was a little hot, though.

How romantic! I bet your husband and you really had a fantastic time together.

I can ride extreme rollercoasters very well. However, I've never tried them since I became a mother. You know, mother should always keep an eye on children. I'm so busy running after them even in Everland. T T

KIMMIE :

Hello, Angella!

I love riding a rollercoaster. I heard Everland constructed the most extreme one with wooden strucute. I'm waiting for the day I can enjoy it. Someday in May, I plan to go to Everland. ^^ After that, let me tell you how emtremely exciting it is.

Nicole :

Hi Angela,
What great English you used in this question. I really liked the expression, 'blow off steam'. I think that you used the right word to describe the off-Saturday.
I'n not a big fan of amusement parks or rides. I usually avoid them.

Judy :

Hi!
I am going to have a plan to Everland next Saturday with my family. Actually I have been there many times. In our school, as school fiid trip, every year, we go there. Sometimes, as graduation trip for the third grade students, we go there. So I don't want to go there any more. But my youngest child always wants to go there. I think more than 5 times a year, I visit Everland. I like taking a walk. I don't want to be tortured by a roller coaster. I am anemic. Even though I don't like to ride a swing in the playground. I can't imagine to ride a roller coaster.

Sunny-S03-07 :

Hi, Angela!
I tried riding a rollercoaster many years ago. It was a little scary and exciting at the same time. My fellow teacher next to me screamed "Stop it!" or "Help me!" from the beginning to the end of the ride. Do I wanna try it again? Well... No. Maybe I'll do other activities.

s0311april :

Hi,Angela. I don't like riding a roller coaster. It gives me a headache, nausea, dizziness..
What I hate more than a roller coaster is a ride which move up down slowly like Viking. But I like to go amusement park. I like the hilarious mood and music.

Nature- Jayeon Kim :

Hi! My lovely Angella~~~!
So now you are supposed to enjoy the last April weekend with your husband. Even if you didn't ride the rollercoaster, you might have been amused and thrilled to see the screaming people. When did I ride it???? Do you remember Daejeon Expo? At that time I rode it with my friend. I felt as if I had thrown away out of the earth.
While stepping my legs on the land, I decided not to rid it again to live on the earth.
In spite of my resolution, I'd like to ride it like the young.